March 9 Reflections

by Ashley Greschner 4 years, 1 month ago

March 9 Reflections

Ashley Greschner –

Did not sign up for IXL. I have made boards for Math. I also ordered the Jennifer Seravello book for writing. I also shared Brain Pop Jr. With the group.

Jackie Z. –

Used the 6 +1 trait crate. With the workbook. It is going excellent especially the enhancing vocabulary.

Melanie W.-

Using Plaid Phonics workbook in her morning routine. Switched ELA entirely – rotational ELA according to DRA levels. Meets with every kid every day. The kids are at their level and they feel successful.

Celene L.-

Received the Soil kit and refill for seed kit for microgreens. She will use it in the Soils unit in the spring. She will look into journals from Ag in the Classroom. Food Farm through Ag in the Classroom sponsored by G-macs. It will be in May.

Nicole G. –

Got two books that Tanya suggested. She uses it and the kids love it. Then they share about how they feel when they do it. She refers to it at Brain Break and not Yoga. Also started using Jennifer Seravello reading and writing books.

Tanya G.-

Using the Jennifer Seravello reading strategies book. She is looking into conferences to see her for PD.

Janelle K.-

Using Nicole’s word work ideas. The kids like it. It works well in the classroom.

Saudia-

Using Nicole’s Boggle game. Used it for a few months. Turned into word of the day and then taught different strategies of writing from there.

Janis  F.–

Working on See Saw classroom activities. Has also been working on writing. Separated writing into specific writing classes and not part of the rotation. Uses Pobble365 to prompt writing along with the Daily 5 writing traits book.

Brett Loeppky –

New to grade 3, filling in Nicole’s mat. Leave. Doing reading rotations using Raz Kids. Using word ladders for word work. Getting it all in as a new teacher.