- INTRODUCTION Adoption of the Common Framework of Reference (CFR) as a language reference tool has facilitated ministry collaboration with school divisions on approaches that promote greater consistency with planning, instruction, and assessment of learners with English as an Additional Language (EAL) needs.
The CFR is an international, skill-based language framework that focuses on language use to perform meaningful tasks in authentic contexts. For school-aged children with EAL needs, an authentic context is the school and meaningful tasks are associated with learning outcomes. For children learning English, the CFR outlines success through a continuum of observable behaviours and descriptors of language progress that are applicable to the context of schooling.
- Education, English Language Arts
- Lower Primary (K-2), Upper Primary (3-5)
- Material Type:
- Primary Source
- Sun West School Division
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
- Media Format:
- Downloadable docs, Text/HTML
No evaluations yet.