Mapping the Math Brain is a segment from the 2020 school division Math PD (02-04-2020),
GOALS OF THIS SEGMENT:
- Introduce a brain-based educational model of math by identifying three basic neural codes which format numbers in the brain.
- Explore the role of three primary neurocognitive processes, with respect to math problem-solving ability.
- Provide an attached summary of:
- Neurological processes with associated math skills
- Math implications related to cognitive processing challenges
- Suggested interventions
(Information acquired from Feifer (2019) and Taylor (2018) workshop presentations.)