Register now for FREE ONLINE Educator Training for Manitoba and Saskatchewan Teachers. This FREE workshop utilizes easy-to-use, adaptable teaching resources aimed at students 13-18 years of age.
The workshop will run on Tuesday evenings in November, 2020. Participants are expected to complete reading between sessions.
Tuesdays - November 3, 10, 17, 24 (7:00-9:00 CST) - ONLINE
Highlights of the course:
- Learn to implement practical activities dealing with issues relating to global conflict, bystanders, human rights, international law, refugees, child soldiers, gender-based violence and attacks on civilians, hospitals and schools.
- Exploring Humanitarian Law (EHL) educator training utilizes an easy-to-use, adaptable toolkit aimed at students 13 – 18 years of age.
- The content of the EHL educator training complements academic subjects such as global issues, social studies, history, law, and language arts.
- Includes instruction from Canadian Red Cross personnel and trained local teachers currently using the Exploring Humanitarian Law (EHL) curriculum in their classrooms.
- Participants utilize the Exploring Humanitarian Law toolkit, Canada and Conflict toolkit, and Forced to Fight.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- This training will be conducted in English but all above mentioned resources are also available in French.